Quantcast

[x86_64] Install Mapserver on x86_64

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[x86_64] Install Mapserver on x86_64

Vincent Letocart

Good morning

I'm currently trying to install MapServer on a x86_64 machine
running SLES 11.0, starting with fgs-mapserver_extended_5.6.3-fgs_9.5-linux-i386.bin

As suggested in another thread (http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/foss-gis-suite/2010-January/000882.html),
I renamed on the fly all the tarball, substituing 'i386' by 'x86_64'.
However, installation still crashes. I got a complain about mapserver-php:


        + Extracting fgs-base.tar.gz from /tmp/fgs-selfextract.NB2Iuh...ok
        + Running base's installer
        + module : base
        + Running fgs install mapserver-php
        * Probing last version of module 'mapserver-php'...
       
        ! Cannot find a mapserver-php module from /tmp/fgs-selfextract.NB2Iuh
       
        ! Fatal error, please contact FGS team.

Then I tried to 'strace' the installation, what shows the install procedure
is querying the system about a file with a star (it looks lib a skipped
glob expansion from the shell level):

     29056 stat("fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz", 0x61bad0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
     29056 lstat("fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz", 0x61bad0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

[See also how he's trying again to find a '-i386' file instead of a '-x86_64']

Keeping optimistic, I then copied the file with the right name (even if
a star seems uggly to me), always proceeding on the fly while installation
screen is shown:

       
       gvolcano-ae:/tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq # ls -als /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq/fgs-mapserver-php-*
       92 -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 sftponly 91943 2010-04-20 21:40 /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq/fgs-mapserver-php-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
       92 -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 sftponly 91943 2010-06-07 11:20 /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq/fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz

The install procedure goes a step further, but seems to crash on some exotic
filename combination:

        + Extracting fgs-base.tar.gz from /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq...ok
        + Running base's installer
        + module : base
        + Running fgs install mapserver-php
        * Probing last version of module
        'mapserver-php'... fgs-agg-lib-2.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-apache-base-2.2.14-linux-x86_64.tar.gz fgs-base.tar.gz
        fgs-chameleon-base-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-curl-lib-7.20.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-expat-base-2.0.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-freetype-lib-2.3.9-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-fusion-base-2.0.0-beta-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-gdal-base-1.7.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-gdal_python-module-1.7.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-gd-lib-2.0.35-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-geos-lib-3.2.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-gettext-base-0.17-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-gmap-demo-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-imagemagick-base-6.5.8-10-linux-x86_64.tar.gz fgs_installer.sh
        fgs-jpeg-lib-7-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-kamap-base-1.0-20070205-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libgcc-lib-1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libgeotiff-lib-1.2.5-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libiconv-base-1.12-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libpng-lib-1.2.35-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libssh2-lib-1.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libstdc++-lib-6.0.9-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libungif-base-4.1.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libxml2-base-2.7.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-libxslt-lib-1.1.24-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-mapserver-base-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-mapserver-php-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz
        fgs-ming-lib-0.4.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-mod_python-module-3.3.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-openlayers-base-2.8-rc4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-openssl-lib-0.9.8k-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-pecl_uploadprogress-module-0.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php-base-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_curl-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_dbase-module-svn_trunk-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_ftp-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_gettext-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_http-module-1.6.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_imagick-module-2.2.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_mysql-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_odbc-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_ogr-module-1.1.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_pgsql-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_postscript-module-1.3.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_ssh2-module-0.11.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_wddx-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_xmlrpc-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-php_xsl-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-postgis-lib-1.5.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-postgresql-lib-8.4.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-postgresql-server-8.4.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-proj4_epsg42xxx-support-proj-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-proj-lib-4.6.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-pslib-base-0.4.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-python-base-2.6.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-python_mapscript-module-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-python_mx-module-3.1.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-python_pil-module-1.1.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-python_psycopg-module-2.0.7-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-studio-base-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-tiff-lib-3.8.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-tilecache-base-2.10-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-tinyows-server-svn_trunk-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-unixODBC-base-2.2.12-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-xerces_c-base-3.0.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        fgs-zlib-lib-1.2.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
        + Installing mapserver-php:
          fgs-chameleon-base-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz+ Getting and extracting module 'mapserver-php'... /srv/www/vhosts/globvolcano/mapserver/etc/fgs/lib/install.sh: line 15: cd: fgs-base.tar.gz: No such file or directory

          ! Cannot find file 'fgs-apache-base-2.2.14-linux-x86_64.tar.gz/fgs-mapserver-php-fgs-agg-lib-2.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz-linux-x86_64.tar.gz', aborting...

          ! Fatal error, please contact FGS team.

Again, the trace shows a 'stat' call for a file that does not exist:

       29408 stat("fgs-apache-base-2.2.14-linux-x86_64.tar.gz/fgs-mapserver-php-fgs-agg-lib-2.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz-linux-x86_64.tar.gz", 0x7fff6a78eda0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Is this file specification correct or not ? :)

Moreover, does anyone get Mapserver install despite all these problems?
If yes, I'm strongly insterested in a correct procedure.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards

Vincent.

--
[War] is instinctive.  But the instinct can be fought.  We're human
beings with the blood of a million savage years on our hands!  But we
can stop it.  We can admit that we're killers ... but we're not going
to kill today.  That's all it takes!  Knowing that we're not going to
kill today!
                -- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0
_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [x86_64] Install Mapserver on x86_64

nsavard
Vincent,

Please try the new self-installer package:

http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/9.5/self-installers/

Norm


Vincent Letocart wrote:

> Good morning
>
> I'm currently trying to install MapServer on a x86_64 machine
> running SLES 11.0, starting with fgs-mapserver_extended_5.6.3-fgs_9.5-linux-i386.bin
>
> As suggested in another thread (http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/foss-gis-suite/2010-January/000882.html),
> I renamed on the fly all the tarball, substituing 'i386' by 'x86_64'.
> However, installation still crashes. I got a complain about mapserver-php:
>
>
> + Extracting fgs-base.tar.gz from /tmp/fgs-selfextract.NB2Iuh...ok
> + Running base's installer
> + module : base
> + Running fgs install mapserver-php
> * Probing last version of module 'mapserver-php'...
>
> ! Cannot find a mapserver-php module from /tmp/fgs-selfextract.NB2Iuh
>
> ! Fatal error, please contact FGS team.
>
> Then I tried to 'strace' the installation, what shows the install procedure
> is querying the system about a file with a star (it looks lib a skipped
> glob expansion from the shell level):
>
>      29056 stat("fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz", 0x61bad0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>      29056 lstat("fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz", 0x61bad0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> [See also how he's trying again to find a '-i386' file instead of a '-x86_64']
>
> Keeping optimistic, I then copied the file with the right name (even if
> a star seems uggly to me), always proceeding on the fly while installation
> screen is shown:
>
>        
>        gvolcano-ae:/tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq # ls -als /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq/fgs-mapserver-php-*
>        92 -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 sftponly 91943 2010-04-20 21:40 /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq/fgs-mapserver-php-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
>        92 -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 sftponly 91943 2010-06-07 11:20 /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq/fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz
>
> The install procedure goes a step further, but seems to crash on some exotic
> filename combination:
>
> + Extracting fgs-base.tar.gz from /tmp/fgs-selfextract.O8WDcq...ok
> + Running base's installer
> + module : base
> + Running fgs install mapserver-php
> * Probing last version of module
> 'mapserver-php'... fgs-agg-lib-2.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-apache-base-2.2.14-linux-x86_64.tar.gz fgs-base.tar.gz
> fgs-chameleon-base-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-curl-lib-7.20.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-expat-base-2.0.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-freetype-lib-2.3.9-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-fusion-base-2.0.0-beta-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-gdal-base-1.7.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-gdal_python-module-1.7.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-gd-lib-2.0.35-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-geos-lib-3.2.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-gettext-base-0.17-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-gmap-demo-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-imagemagick-base-6.5.8-10-linux-x86_64.tar.gz fgs_installer.sh
> fgs-jpeg-lib-7-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-kamap-base-1.0-20070205-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libgcc-lib-1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libgeotiff-lib-1.2.5-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libiconv-base-1.12-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libpng-lib-1.2.35-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libssh2-lib-1.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libstdc++-lib-6.0.9-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libungif-base-4.1.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libxml2-base-2.7.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-libxslt-lib-1.1.24-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-mapserver-base-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-mapserver-php-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-mapserver-php-*-linux-i386.tar.gz
> fgs-ming-lib-0.4.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-mod_python-module-3.3.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-openlayers-base-2.8-rc4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-openssl-lib-0.9.8k-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-pecl_uploadprogress-module-0.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php-base-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_curl-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_dbase-module-svn_trunk-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_ftp-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_gettext-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_http-module-1.6.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_imagick-module-2.2.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_mysql-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_odbc-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_ogr-module-1.1.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_pgsql-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_postscript-module-1.3.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_ssh2-module-0.11.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_wddx-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_xmlrpc-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-php_xsl-module-5.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-postgis-lib-1.5.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-postgresql-lib-8.4.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-postgresql-server-8.4.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-proj4_epsg42xxx-support-proj-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-proj-lib-4.6.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-pslib-base-0.4.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-python-base-2.6.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-python_mapscript-module-5.6.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-python_mx-module-3.1.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-python_pil-module-1.1.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-python_psycopg-module-2.0.7-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-studio-base-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-tiff-lib-3.8.2-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-tilecache-base-2.10-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-tinyows-server-svn_trunk-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-unixODBC-base-2.2.12-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-xerces_c-base-3.0.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> fgs-zlib-lib-1.2.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> + Installing mapserver-php:
>  fgs-chameleon-base-cvs_HEAD-linux-x86_64.tar.gz+ Getting and extracting module 'mapserver-php'... /srv/www/vhosts/globvolcano/mapserver/etc/fgs/lib/install.sh: line 15: cd: fgs-base.tar.gz: No such file or directory
>
>  ! Cannot find file 'fgs-apache-base-2.2.14-linux-x86_64.tar.gz/fgs-mapserver-php-fgs-agg-lib-2.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz-linux-x86_64.tar.gz', aborting...
>
>  ! Fatal error, please contact FGS team.
>
> Again, the trace shows a 'stat' call for a file that does not exist:
>
>        29408 stat("fgs-apache-base-2.2.14-linux-x86_64.tar.gz/fgs-mapserver-php-fgs-agg-lib-2.4-linux-x86_64.tar.gz-linux-x86_64.tar.gz", 0x7fff6a78eda0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> Is this file specification correct or not ? :)
>
> Moreover, does anyone get Mapserver install despite all these problems?
> If yes, I'm strongly insterested in a correct procedure.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Vincent.
>
>  

_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [x86_64] Install Mapserver on x86_64

Vincent Letocart
On 07 June 2010, at 21:10:38 (Epoch+1275941438 sec), Normand Savard wrote :
> Vincent,
>
> Please try the new self-installer package:
>
> http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/9.5/self-installers/
>
> Norm

Hello Norman

I tried the "basic" package and this works indeed much better! There remain
a few error messages:

        + Running postgis-lib's installation script :
        ! cannot convert $libdir in lwpostgis.sql or postgis.sql: no such file..
        ! cannot convert $libdir in lwpostgis_upgrade.sql or postgis_upgrade_xxx.sql: no such file..
        ! cannot convert $libdir in spatial_ref_sys.sql, no such file..
       
       
        + Starting 'apache':
        ! Cannot create user 'apache', could not start apache as root.

[See attached file for the full output]

Actually, the machine where mapserver should run has apache2 already
installed, and the "databse stuff" (mysql) is running on another machine.
Maybe you try to be too flexible with your installation ? :)

Do you know if it is possible to specify an external database to use,
and to use the already installed apache2 instance running on the server ?

Regards

Vincent

--
Witch!  Witch!  They'll burn ya!
                -- Hag, "Tomorrow is Yesterday", stardate unknown

_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite

mapserver-basic-install.log (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [x86_64] Install Mapserver on x86_64

nsavard
Vincent,

I created another basic package with the missing postgresql-server
package since the posgis-lib package was included.  I also added an
extrabasic package without the postgresql-server and  posgis-lib packages.

The apache error comes from this code in /path/to/fgs/etc/init.d/apache


if [ $USER = 'root' ] ; then
    [ `grep -c '^apache:' /etc/passwd` -eq 0 ] && /usr/sbin/adduser
apache -s /sbin/nologin -d $FGS_HOME/www -c 'Apache - FGS' 2>/dev/null
    # make sure that user apache has been created
    if [ `grep -c '^apache:' /etc/passwd` -ne 1 ] ; then
        echo "! Cannot create user 'apache', could not start apache as
root."
        exit 1
    fi
 
I think this is the "adduser" command that causes the problem though I'm
not sure.  You could remove the 'apache' package by doing 'fgs remove
apache-module'.  You could then download the apache package from the
maptools Web site, untar it and modify the faulty command.  You tar it
again and do 'fgs install apache-module /path/to/new_apache_package'.  
That could work.  Or you can add manually the  apache user to the
/etc/passwd file before installing with the self-installer.

The FGS environment is a self-contained environment.  It could cause
many side-effects to use it without the provided apache.  I never tried it.

Regards,

Norm

Vincent Letocart wrote:

> I tried the "basic" package and this works indeed much better! There remain
> a few error messages:
>
> + Running postgis-lib's installation script :
> ! cannot convert $libdir in lwpostgis.sql or postgis.sql: no such file..
> ! cannot convert $libdir in lwpostgis_upgrade.sql or postgis_upgrade_xxx.sql: no such file..
> ! cannot convert $libdir in spatial_ref_sys.sql, no such file..
>
>
> + Starting 'apache':
> ! Cannot create user 'apache', could not start apache as root.
>
> [See attached file for the full output]
>
> Actually, the machine where mapserver should run has apache2 already
> installed, and the "databse stuff" (mysql) is running on another machine.
> Maybe you try to be too flexible with your installation ? :)
>
> Do you know if it is possible to specify an external database to use,
> and to use the already installed apache2 instance running on the server ?
>
> Regards
>
> Vincent
>
>  

_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [x86_64] Install Mapserver on x86_64

Vincent Letocart
On 08 June 2010, at 21:31:48 (Epoch+1276029108 sec), Normand Savard wrote :

> Vincent,
>
> I created another basic package with the missing postgresql-server
> package since the posgis-lib package was included.  I also added an
> extrabasic package without the postgresql-server and  posgis-lib
> packages.
>
> The apache error comes from this code in /path/to/fgs/etc/init.d/apache
>
>
> if [ $USER = 'root' ] ; then
>    [ `grep -c '^apache:' /etc/passwd` -eq 0 ] && /usr/sbin/adduser
> apache -s /sbin/nologin -d $FGS_HOME/www -c 'Apache - FGS'
> 2>/dev/null
>    # make sure that user apache has been created
>    if [ `grep -c '^apache:' /etc/passwd` -ne 1 ] ; then
>        echo "! Cannot create user 'apache', could not start apache
> as root."
>        exit 1
>    fi

Hi Norman

The adduser command is not executed, because it is not available
on Suse

    # which adduser
    which: no adduser in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin)
    # which useradd
    /usr/sbin/useradd
    #

Adduser seems typical for Slack- and Debian-based... I'am
Debian-based too but it is not what's running at the office :/

> I think this is the "adduser" command that causes the problem though
> I'm not sure.  You could remove the 'apache' package by doing 'fgs
> remove apache-module'.  You could then download the apache package
> from the maptools Web site, untar it and modify the faulty command.
> You tar it again and do 'fgs install apache-module
> /path/to/new_apache_package'.  That could work.  Or you can add
> manually the  apache user to the /etc/passwd file before installing
> with the self-installer.

Creating group 'apache' and user 'apache' before installation
gives indeed a beter result.

> The FGS environment is a self-contained environment.  It could cause
> many side-effects to use it without the provided apache.  I never
> tried it.

We let it run on a dedicated server. So, this solution is not
very generic, but in our case, it does not really mind. :)

The last detail I had to deal with is a missing library:

    [Thu Jun 10 12:58:33 2010] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
    .../mapserver/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared
         libraries: libming.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
         file or directory

I then picked up the debian package for i386 and put the library and the
corresponding symlink in the lib directory of mapserver tree.

Acces to http://.../cgi-bin/mapserv gives the expected output.

Thanks

Best regards

Vincent.


--
Vulcans believe peace should not depend on force.
                -- Amanda, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.3
_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [x86_64] Install Mapserver on x86_64

nsavard
Vincent,

I'm glad it works for you.  In fact I didn't include the ming package in
the basic installer.  I will modify it.

Norm

Vincent Letocart wrote:

> On 08 June 2010, at 21:31:48 (Epoch+1276029108 sec), Normand Savard wrote :
>  
>> Vincent,
>>
>> I created another basic package with the missing postgresql-server
>> package since the posgis-lib package was included.  I also added an
>> extrabasic package without the postgresql-server and  posgis-lib
>> packages.
>>
>> The apache error comes from this code in /path/to/fgs/etc/init.d/apache
>>
>>
>> if [ $USER = 'root' ] ; then
>>    [ `grep -c '^apache:' /etc/passwd` -eq 0 ] && /usr/sbin/adduser
>> apache -s /sbin/nologin -d $FGS_HOME/www -c 'Apache - FGS'
>> 2>/dev/null
>>    # make sure that user apache has been created
>>    if [ `grep -c '^apache:' /etc/passwd` -ne 1 ] ; then
>>        echo "! Cannot create user 'apache', could not start apache
>> as root."
>>        exit 1
>>    fi
>>    
>
> Hi Norman
>
> The adduser command is not executed, because it is not available
> on Suse
>
>     # which adduser
>     which: no adduser in (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin)
>     # which useradd
>     /usr/sbin/useradd
>     #
>
> Adduser seems typical for Slack- and Debian-based... I'am
> Debian-based too but it is not what's running at the office :/
>
>  
>> I think this is the "adduser" command that causes the problem though
>> I'm not sure.  You could remove the 'apache' package by doing 'fgs
>> remove apache-module'.  You could then download the apache package
>> from the maptools Web site, untar it and modify the faulty command.
>> You tar it again and do 'fgs install apache-module
>> /path/to/new_apache_package'.  That could work.  Or you can add
>> manually the  apache user to the /etc/passwd file before installing
>> with the self-installer.
>>    
>
> Creating group 'apache' and user 'apache' before installation
> gives indeed a beter result.
>
>  
>> The FGS environment is a self-contained environment.  It could cause
>> many side-effects to use it without the provided apache.  I never
>> tried it.
>>    
>
> We let it run on a dedicated server. So, this solution is not
> very generic, but in our case, it does not really mind. :)
>
> The last detail I had to deal with is a missing library:
>
>     [Thu Jun 10 12:58:33 2010] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
>     .../mapserver/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared
> libraries: libming.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> I then picked up the debian package for i386 and put the library and the
> corresponding symlink in the lib directory of mapserver tree.
>
> Acces to http://.../cgi-bin/mapserv gives the expected output.
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards
>
> Vincent.
>
>
>  

_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Loading...