Quantcast

where can i find instructions on how to use the programs

where can i find instructions on how to use the programs

Steve Kwan
Hello
I want to incorporate this code into my program which simulates the flow in a river. i would like to output the "wet areas" of a river as a shape file for ARCGIS. can anyone help?
thanks
steve

Re: where can i find instructions on how to use the programs

Frank Warmerdam-2
Steve Kwan wrote:
> Hello
> I want to incorporate this code into my program which simulates the flow
> in a river. i would like to output the "wet areas" of a river as a shape
> file for ARCGIS. can anyone help?

Steve,

Are you looking for assistance on how to write polygons shape files with
shapelib?  Have you reviewed the docs, and sample programs like
shpcreate.c and shpadd.c?   It would be helpful if you could ask a more
specific, and folks will be more inclined to help if you can show you have
made a good faith effort to take advantage of the existing documentation
and samples.

Best regards,

Re: where can i find instructions on how to use the programs

Steve Kwan
Hi Frank
yes I tried running shpcreate.c but couldnt get it to work. I loaded shpcreate.c and shpfil.h into MS visual studio 2008 but the project wouldnt compile.
I got the errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: shpcreate, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>shpcreate.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SHPClose referenced in function _main
1>shpcreate.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SHPCreate referenced in function _main
1>C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\shpcreate\Debug\shpcreate.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Asus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\shpcreate\shpcreate\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>shpcreate - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

thanks
steve

Steve Kwan wrote:

> Hi Frank
> yes I tried running shpcreate.c but couldnt get it to work. I loaded
> shpcreate.c and shpfil.h into MS visual studio 2008 but the project
> wouldnt compile.
> I got the errors:
>
> 1>------ Build started: Project: shpcreate, Configuration: Debug Win32
> ------
> 1>Linking...
> 1>shpcreate.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SHPClose
> referenced in function _main
> 1>shpcreate.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SHPCreate
> referenced in function _main
> 1>C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2008\Projects\shpcreate\Debug\shpcreate.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2
> unresolved externals
> 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Asus\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2008\Projects\shpcreate\shpcreate\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> 1>shpcreate - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Steve,

You should also include shpopen.c in your project.  I would also encourage
you to include dbfopen.c and shptree.c even if you don't use them immediately.

Best regards,

Re: where can i find instructions on how to use the programs

Steve Kwan
Hi Frank
Thanks for the advice. I included all those files but I'm still getting errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: shpcreate, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>shpopen.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SASetupDefaultHooks referenced in function _SHPOpen
1>dbfopen.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SASetupDefaultHooks
1>C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\shpcreate\Debug\shpcreate.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Asus\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\shpcreate\shpcreate\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>shpcreate - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Steve

Steve Kwan wrote:

> Hi Frank
> Thanks for the advice. I included all those files but I'm still getting
> errors:
>
> 1>------ Build started: Project: shpcreate, Configuration: Debug Win32
> ------
> 1>Linking...
> 1>shpopen.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> _SASetupDefaultHooks referenced in function _SHPOpen
> 1>dbfopen.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _SASetupDefaultHooks
> 1>C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Visual Studio

Steve,

Ah, sorry, I neglected to mention the relatively new safileio.c.  Generally
speaking, when you are missing a function you can use text search tools to
look through all the .c and .h files to find it.

Best regards,

Re: where can i find instructions on how to use the programs

Steve Kwan
Thanks again Frank. It works now!