website with kamap

Guilherme Pedrosa-2
Hi friends, i sent an email about a month but until now i have no answer. I know your time is precious but i really want to know if ka-map will be the best tool to develop the next version of my website. If you have , 2 or 3 minutes, please visit http://ipanema.mapilot.com/template/index.php?lan=en and tell me if ka-map is the best choice for me.

thanks a lot and sorry for any trouble.

[]s
Guilherme Pedrosa
(21) 8261-0270 | 24274319
[hidden email]

O Yahoo! está de cara nova. Venha conferir!

Re: website with kamap

Stephen Woodbridge
Guilherme Pedrosa wrote:

> Hi friends, i sent an email about a month but until now i have no
> answer. I know your time is precious but i really want to know if ka-map
> will be the best tool to develop the next version of my website. If you
> have , 2 or 3 minutes, please visit
> http://ipanema.mapilot.com/template/index.php?lan=en and tell me if
> ka-map is the best choice for me.

It is hard to say what might be the best choice, because we do not know
what would be better or worse for you. If your question is can you build
a site like the one referenced using ka-map, the answer is probably yes.

Are you using mapserver for your current site?
What ideas do you like about ka-map?
Is there something that your current site can not do or has a problem
with, that you think ka-map will solve?

I think we need more information.

-Steve W.

Re: website with kamap

Guilherme Pedrosa-2
Hi friends,

well, i use mapserver with postgresql/postgis, i wrote some javascript codes to do some navigation for users. We want to make a tourist guide with a high quality satellite image.

what we need:
- an application thats run faster
- simple navigation for users
- we need to put a very large kind of layer points, like, restaurants, hotels, tourist spots etc...
- we need some layers too, like national parks.
- we want to build in the future a 'search for a place' and go the point in the map.

thanks a lot Steve W. i like kamap very much but i am studing and i am new in kamap.

the website: http://ipanema.mapilot.com/template/index.php?lan=en

[]s
Guilherme Pedrosa
(21) 8261-0270 | 24274319

Re: website with kamap

pagameba
Guilherme,

the short answer is that ka-Map can be used to build this type of
application.

The core of ka-Map is kaMap.js and kaTool.js ... you can use these to
build any kind of application.  There are other tools too, ones that
provide additional capability.  The page you see when you install ka-
Map is a fully functional application built on these core API
components, but you can easily replace this with your own interface.

Cheers

Paul

On 31-Oct-06, at 2:43 PM, Guilherme Pedrosa wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> well, i use mapserver with postgresql/postgis, i wrote some
> javascript codes to do some navigation for users. We want to make a
> tourist guide with a high quality satellite image.
>
> what we need:
> - an application thats run faster
> - simple navigation for users
> - we need to put a very large kind of layer points, like,
> restaurants, hotels, tourist spots etc...
> - we need some layers too, like national parks.
> - we want to build in the future a 'search for a place' and go the
> point in the map.
>
> thanks a lot Steve W. i like kamap very much but i am studing and i
> am new in kamap.
>
> the website: http://ipanema.mapilot.com/template/index.php?lan=en
>
> []s
> Guilherme Pedrosa
> (21) 8261-0270 | 24274319
> [hidden email]
>

> Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu
> celular. Registre seu aparelho agora!

|Paul Spencer                          [hidden email]    |
|Chief Technology Officer                                         |
|DM Solutions Group Inc                http://www.dmsolutions.ca/ |