Quantcast

using shapelib with asp.net over the web

using shapelib with asp.net over the web

jekain314
I am trying to use shapelib c# wrapper with asp.ner Visual Studio 2008. My application works fine when i host my website locally but doesnt work when i use a remote web server. I get the error:

Unable to load DLL 'shapelib.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I have added the "maptools" namespace and assembly and can access all the functionality from C# code locally -- but not when i load up to my webhost.

I have seen other references to this problem on the web. Anyone on this forum having this problem?

    ---Jim

Re: using shapelib with asp.net over the web

jekain314
This message is from the original author ---

I sent lots of forum traffic at the "asp.net forum" re this subject and have never resolved it. I have also seen other forum topics re not beomng able to load shapelib using asp.net from a web host. no responses from here. Some said I must have the "shapelib.lib" in the environmant PATH rather than just putting it in the webProjects /Bin folder. Others saif i must have "read & execute permission set (I did this). My Web Host said they wouldnt put the shapelib into their host-level bin folder. They claimed that putting unmanaged code onto their site required some special registration process ...

So I have substantially redone most of the C shapelib calls using C# ----  but substantially tailored the code for my simple requirements. But I am able to read the .shp and write a polygon .shp, .shx, and .dbf using asp.net and C# from my web host (discountasp.net).  Let my know if you want my source ...
 ---Jim

jekain314 wrote
I am trying to use shapelib c# wrapper with asp.ner Visual Studio 2008. My application works fine when i host my website locally but doesnt work when i use a remote web server. I get the error:

Unable to load DLL 'shapelib.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I have added the "maptools" namespace and assembly and can access all the functionality from C# code locally -- but not when i load up to my webhost.

I have seen other references to this problem on the web. Anyone on this forum having this problem?

    ---Jim

Re: using shapelib with asp.net over the web

Bjorn Sigurd
Dear Jim,

SOLUTION FOR ME:  I am a bit confused on what MapTools.dll versus ShapeLib.dll does, but at one stage ShapeLib.dll was missing from my PC.  After having copied ShapeLib.dll into same folder as MapTools.dll, the error Unable to load DLL 'shapelib.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) disappeared!  :-)

I use version 1.0.1972.22421 for MapTools.dll, and ShapeLib.dll is marked with Created and Modified = Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 09:48:12.  These two dlls seems to work fine together.

Best regards,
Bjørn Sigurd Johansen

jekain314 wrote
I am trying to use shapelib c# wrapper with asp.ner Visual Studio 2008. My application works fine when i host my website locally but doesnt work when i use a remote web server. I get the error:

Unable to load DLL 'shapelib.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I have added the "maptools" namespace and assembly and can access all the functionality from C# code locally -- but not when i load up to my webhost.

I have seen other references to this problem on the web. Anyone on this forum having this problem?

    ---Jim

Re: using shapelib with asp.net over the web

DeeNeon
Hi, Jim

I'd like to see your code, I'm having this exact problem and it's driving me nuts, it's been months and I haven't catch any solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

David
behemoth_leviathan@hotmail.com

jekain314 wrote