preview of map blank in mapedit

ajk

preview of map blank in mapedit

ajk
I'm new to the MapServer/Maplab world, and have spent several days
struggling to get a map to work.  We've ironed out several problems
largely dealing with pathnames, and no longer get errors when I push the
"Preview Map" button in MapEdit.  I get a page with a box listing the
layers in my map (only 2 so far), a blank space for the map, several
zoom tools, and a box for a reference map.  I cannot get the layers to
display.  I can't even get both radio buttons to stay on
simultaneously.  Without an error message I don't know where to start
looking for a solution to this problem.  Any help is appreciated.

Amy

Amy.Keyworth.vcf (336 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: preview of map blank in mapedit

Jeff McKenna-4
I assume you have read the note on the MS4W downloads page regarding
MapLab ("MS4W 1.x is recommended for MapLab, because of possible
problems with PHP5 in MS4W 2.x.").

What is not written is that MapLab is an inactive project (development,
bug fixes, or contributions have not occurred in many years), so it is
no longer recommended for mapfile management.  You should probably try
new software like Quantum GIS (which has a mapfile export utility) or
MapStorer (which uses MySQL in the backend).

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.
ajk

Re: preview of map blank in mapedit

ajk

Jeff McKenna wrote
"I assume you have read the note on the MS4W downloads page regarding
MapLab ("MS4W 1.x is recommended for MapLab, because of possible
problems with PHP5 in MS4W 2.x.")."

Yes, we found that about the MS4W version

"What is not written is that MapLab is an inactive project (development,
bug fixes, or contributions have not occurred in many years), so it is
no longer recommended for mapfile management.  You should probably try
new software like Quantum GIS (which has a mapfile export utility) or
MapStorer (which uses MySQL in the backend)."

We'll try QGIS next.  Thanks

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.