Quantcast

ka-map 1.0 : unable to display tile

Stéphane Morel
Hi there,
I'm currently dealing (fighting) with ka-map.I cant manage to display the map in kaexplorer.
I already run
shp2img which gives me the requested image
init.php -> no errrors
the tiles are well created in the directory kacache/gmp....
I also tested the map in a web context without any problems....

in fact every thins runs smooth except I can't manage to have the content of my mapfile in the kaexplorer window !!!
In Firefox, I also look at tools->web page information ->media. All tiles are 0px x 0px size but in the kacache/gmap directory I can see the tile are 256px x 256px.

Any hints will be really appreciate

Cheers

Stef

Re: ka-map 1.0 : unable to display tile

Stéphane Morel
Hi Adam,
thanks for your answer. I found out the solution (Thanks to John Jackson). The problem was linked to the php version used. Some functions' arguments has changed (deprecated). I just removed the argument in the kamap's code and now everything goes well.
Thanks for the advice about Openlayers and Tilecache.I know both but setting up a kamap app is far more faster than developping app with OL and tilecache. Without this PHP version problem, setting up an app with Ka-map should take around half an hour. And, at least for me, it is not possible to set up an app with OL in the same amount of time, I mean with all included features.
But you 're right, it's the future..
Have a nice day