Quantcast

extracting YXZ from ENC S-57 SOUNDG layer

extracting YXZ from ENC S-57 SOUNDG layer

Duguay, Wayne

My goal is extracting X,Y,Z geometries from ENC S-57 SOUNDG layer cause I can’t display Z value as water depth from this layer in QGis. So I was able to convert the layer to SHP file with FWTools. Now I want to convert my SHP file to CSV. I’m able to do it with –LCO GEOMETRY=AS_WKT but I would like the output to be one separated column for x,y and z. I read the documentation and saw that AS_XYZ was especially made for this purpose so I tried it and here’s the result:

C:\windows\system32>ogr2ogr.exe -skipfailures -f "CSV" "C:\users\username\Desktop\csv" “C:\Users\username\Desktop\shp\soundg.shp" -lco GEOMETRY=AS_XYZ -nlt MULTIPOINT25D

Warning 1: Geometry type 3D Multi Point is not compatible with GEOMETRY=AS_XYZ.

Re: extracting YXZ from ENC S-57 SOUNDG layer

Chaitanya kumar CH

Wayne,

The SOUNDG layer has multipoint geometries. So, there are multiple z values for each feature. You can use the -explodecollections option as long as your gd as long version is at least 1.8.