Quantcast

dgn2shp & guide

Peter Simonovic
Hi all,

I have DGN file with 49 levels and I need to split it into 49 shapefiles.
It's possilble to use FWTools for that? Can you recommend me some cheatsheets or guide,
how to use FWTools?

thanks in advance

Peter

Re: dgn2shp & guide

Frank Warmerdam-2
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Peter Simonovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have DGN file with 49 levels and I need to split it into 49 shapefiles.
> It's possilble to use FWTools for that? Can you recommend me some
> cheatsheets or guide,
> how to use FWTools?

Peter,

The level of an element in a DGN file is exposed as the "Level"
attribute.  With ogr2ogr you can do something like the following
to extract only one level.

ogr2ogr level6.shp input.dgn elements -where "level = 6"

You could write a bat file to do this for many levels.

Alternatively you could write a python script to run through the file once,
and write out each element to an appropriate shapefile but writing such
a script would be fairly involved.

Various resources on the GDAL/OGR utilities in FWTools can be found
at http://www.gdal.org/

Best regards,