Quantcast

branching off the ka-map tile code?

pagameba
Hey,

its been a while with no activity - in fact, the most active
development around ka-Map has happened in the OpenLayers space with
patches coming in for tile.php and precache.php, and updates to the ka-
Map layer support.

Given that there is no activity in ka-Map right now, I'd like to
suggest that we branch off the tile management PHP scripts into a
separate project, perhaps as a google code project so we can access a
more friendly community environment (nothing against maptools but it
is hard for me to remember how to add users and to update the web site
etc).

I know that the OpenLayers folks are not particularly happy keeping
copies of the various kaMap php code around and would like it out of
their repository.

Comments?

Paul