Quantcast

Sub-groups or sub-layers in kaLegend

SamHiatt
Hi all.

I am working on implementing some modifications of kaLegend.js that allow layers to be grouped in a hierarchy.  I am aware that a few others have requested this functionality, so I'd like to be sure that my implementation can be useful to all.

In order to implement this functionality I had to invent a new metadata tag for the layer.  Currently I use the tag "parents" and then list the parents of a sub-layer.  For example, for layer "streets" the metadata could look like...
"parents"    "Infrastructure::Transportation"
saying that "streets" is a child of transportation, which is a child of Infrastructure.

I am open to changing this notation to whatever we agree is the most intuitive / simple way to specify the sub-layer's placement in the hierarchy.

Thanks.

Sam