RichTIFFIPTC type TIFF_LONG?

Jochen Barth
Dear list members,

tifftools are complaining about wrong data type in tag RichTIFFIPTC from my adobe photoshop generated tiffs;
when modifying libtiff/tif_dirinfo.c (libtiff-4.0.6 source)
by replacing this line
{ TIFFTAG_RICHTIFFIPTC, -3, -3, TIFF_LONG, 0, TIFF_SETGET_C32_UINT32, TIFF_SETGET_UNDEFINED, FIELD_CUSTOM, 0, 1, "RichTIFFIPTC", NULL },
with this line
{ TIFFTAG_RICHTIFFIPTC, -3, -3, TIFF_UNDEFINED, 0, TIFF_SETGET_C32_UINT8, TIFF_SETGET_UNDEFINED, FIELD_CUSTOM, 0, 1, "RichTIFFIPTC", NULL },

The error message does not occur anymore. TIFF_BYTE does work also (I think to remember).

Is this a bug in libtiff or is the definition of RichTIFFIPTC not defined clearly enough?

Kind regards,
Jochen
--
J. Barth * IT, Universitaetsbibliothek Heidelberg * 06221 / 54-2580