Quantcast

Resync from GDAL / preparation for a new release

Resync from GDAL / preparation for a new release

Bugzilla from manisandro@gmail.com
Hi Even

Good to see shapelib updated. I have a custom branch with an autotools
buildsystem [1] to replace the handwritten makefile (which for one
simplifies compilation for other targets, MinGW for one). Would you be
willing to merge this to upstream?

Thanks
Sandro

[1] https://github.com/manisandro/shapelib/tree/autotools

Re: Resync from GDAL / preparation for a new release

Even Rouault-2

On lundi 5 d├ęcembre 2016 11:21:58 CET Sandro Mani wrote:

> Hi Even

> Good to see shapelib updated. I have a custom branch with an autotools

> buildsystem [1] to replace the handwritten makefile (which for one

> simplifies compilation for other targets, MinGW for one). Would you be

> willing to merge this to upstream?

Sandro,

Thanks. I've just committed the changes of your branch (except the update to LGPL v2.1 since that would require agreement from copyright holders. Anyway X/MIT is also an option). Was kind of fun to port your changes to CVS with file removals, etc. ;-)

I had to do a few extra changes, among which :

- add new sbnsearch.c in the lib, and link it against -lm if needed

- avoid CVS directories to be added by make dist

- fix CMakeList.txt to accomodate for the new test tree structure, and add it to the dist files

- add makefile.vc to dist files

- fix shpgeo so that the contrib/tests/shpproj.sh doesn't crash in proj.4 (I wonder if that test had ever worked before since from what I see pj_transform() has never accept a NULL projPJ object)

- did change a bit configure.ac and contrib/Makefile.am and in contrib/shpgeo.h so as to be able to build without proj.4. You need to ./configure --with-proj-cflags='' --with-proj-libs=''

- add a -precision xx option to shpdump so that contrib/tests/shpproj.sh pass (with too many significant figures the original dump and the one after multiple reprojections have differences)

- change references in various files from LICENSE.LGPL to COPYING

"make distcheck" works from a fresh CVS checkout, and the cmake and nmake builds from the generated tarball as well, so I guess things should be mostly in order.

Double checking appreciated.

I've created a github mirror of the cvs repo with git cvsimport :

https://github.com/rouault/shapelib_git_mirror/commits/master

Even

http://www.spatialys.com