Question about how to determine if there is no geometry.

Question about how to determine if there is no geometry.

Кирилл Владимирович Быков
Greetings all who takes part in developing such great lib as mitab!

My question is how using mitab_c_api i can determine that there is no geometry at all, I mean, no MAP file but only tab and dat present.
I use Borland C++Builder 5 and lib version i have dounloaded about week ago. My future application is to read MI files and to export it to Oracle.
Also I want to know precision of coords returned, 'cause i will pass it through SQL (or PL/SQL, i've not decided yet) scripts, and want to know whether this idea is good.

Thank in advance to all who will help. Sorry for my awful english.

Re: Question about how to determine if there is no geometry.

Daniel Morissette-2
Кирилл Владимирович Быков wrote:

> My question is how using mitab_c_api i can determine that there is no geometry at all, I mean, no MAP file but only tab and dat present.

mitab_c_get_parts() should return 0 if a given feature has no geometry
(i.e. is of type NONE).

There is no way to find out via the C API whether there is a .MAP file
or not at the moment. You can only test individual features using
mitab_c_get_parts().

> Also I want to know precision of coords returned, 'cause i will pass it through SQL (or PL/SQL, i've not decided yet) scripts, and want to know whether this idea is good.

Unfortunately this information is not available via the C API either.
It's available in the TABMAPHeaderBlock object in the C++ classes but
not directly accessible via the C API.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette