Problems with config.php with very maps

Antonio García
Hi,

I'm Antonio García from Bétera, Valencia (Spain).

I'm working with KA-MAP from 2007 and I am very happy with my project.

http://sig.betera.es

But actually my project is very big. I have more than 33 maps.
When I run my project, the user only can see the maps if the user have privileges,  and it's beautifull.
I have 8 free maps and 33 total maps.

Then the project is less run if i have 33 maps in the config.php file.
And the map get load in 40 seconds.
If i have 15 maps in the config.php file it run in 20 seconds and
If i have only 1-2 maps it run in 7 seconds. It's the best.

I have 33 maps in the file config.php

$aszMapFiles = array(
 'gmap' => $aszGCallejero,
'gmap1' => $mapa1,
'gmap2' => $mapa2,
'gmap33' => $mapa33,

It run in 40 seconds on load the map and the legend.
Can you see it:

http://sig.betera.es/visor
If the variable $aszMapFiles have 15 gmaps the KAMAP run in 20 seconds.

$aszMapFiles = array(
 'gmap' => $aszGCallejero,
'gmap1' => $mapa1,
'gmap2' => $mapa2,
'gmap15' => $mapa15,

Can you see it:

http://sig.betera.es/visor102
And If i have one o two maps on the file config.php It's load very fast in 7 seconds.

$aszMapFiles = array(
 'gmap' => $aszGCallejero,

Can you see it:

http://sig.betera.es/visor1
Can you help me?
I think that kamap only must read the variable maps but only work with the current map.

I don't know that can i do for save the project with a lot of maps.
I would like get any help.

Thanks.
------------------------------------
Antonio García Benlloch
Ingeniero Técnico en Topografía
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía
http://sig.betera.es
Telf: 658081447

Re: Problems with config.php with very maps

Stephen Woodbridge
Hello Antonio,

ka-map has be pretty much dead for a few years now. I strongly recommend
that you go through the planning and effort to migrate your project over
to OpenLayers or Leaflet for the Javascript API and mapserver/mapcache
for the tiling support.

I do not think anyone has be supporting this for quite some time now.

I know it is easy for me to say move your application, and that it
probably means a lot of work learning new tools and rewriting your
applications to the new tools, but this really makes the most sense for
the longer term. It was painful for me to do this but I'm now much
happier because the code is better and may applications are much faster.

Best regards,
   -Steve

On 7/18/2014 2:34 PM, Antonio García wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm Antonio García from Bétera, Valencia (Spain).
>
> I'm working with KA-MAP from 2007 and I am very happy with my project.
>
> http://sig.betera.es
>
> But actually my project is very big. I have more than 33 maps.
> When I run my project, the user only can see the maps if the user have
> privileges,  and it's beautifull.
> I have 8 free maps and 33 total maps.
>
> Then the project is less run if i have 33 maps in the config.php file.
> And the map get load in 40 seconds.
> If i have 15 maps in the config.php file it run in 20 seconds and
> If i have only 1-2 maps it run in 7 seconds. It's the best.

> I have 33 maps in the file config.php
>
> $aszMapFiles = array(
>   'gmap' => $aszGCallejero,
> 'gmap1' => $mapa1,
> 'gmap2' => $mapa2,
> 'gmap33' => $mapa33,
>
> It run in 40 seconds on load the map and the legend.
> Can you see it:
>
> http://sig.betera.es/visor
> If the variable $aszMapFiles have 15 gmaps the KAMAP run in 20 seconds.
>
> $aszMapFiles = array(
>   'gmap' => $aszGCallejero,
> 'gmap1' => $mapa1,
> 'gmap2' => $mapa2,
> 'gmap15' => $mapa15,
>
> Can you see it:
>
> http://sig.betera.es/visor102
> And If i have one o two maps on the file config.php It's load very fast
> in 7 seconds.
>
> $aszMapFiles = array(
>   'gmap' => $aszGCallejero,
> Can you see it:
>
> http://sig.betera.es/visor1
> Can you help me?
> I think that kamap only must read the variable maps but only work with
> the current map.
>
> I don't know that can i do for save the project with a lot of maps.
> I would like get any help.
>
> Thanks.
> ------------------------------------
> Antonio García Benlloch
> Ingeniero Técnico en Topografía
> Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía
> http://sig.betera.es
> @: [hidden email]
> Telf: 658081447

Re: Problems with config.php with very maps

Humberto Cereser Ibanez
Hi Antonio García,

We also have Web sites running by ka-map (1)

Congratulations for your site. It is very useful and user friendly.

I read the recommendations from Woodbridge and think he is right.

However on thinking about your performance problem I have raised a
question.

Did the cache system of ka-map have been populated and the requests are
pointed to this cache?

Best regards,

Humberto Cereser Ibanez

(1) http://www.geomedicina.org.br/usa and http://www.geomedicina.org.br