Problem with the examples

Shahin Gelareh
Hi everybody,

I wonder if anyone has experience this.
I am using the shapelib very frequently and successfully. In general, I do not have any particular problem with arcMap and ArcInfo 9.3.
But in version 10, the generated shapefiles using shapelib do not produce valid features.
Even examples in shptest.c do not produce valid features.

Any comment is appreciated.

regards,

Re: Problem with the examples

David Allen-6

Dear Shahin

I have loaded Shapelib (Version 9) shapefiles into ArcGIS 10 (ArcMap) without getting any error messages. I loaded in both a point, and a 3D polygon file.

Please remember the normal extra tasks you need to attend to to get a shapefile to load :

                Pack dbf files before associating with shp and shx files.

                Write a prj projection file to go with your shapefile.

Regards David Allen