Multiple mapfile and one project

thomas gratier
Hello,

I'm looking for a solution to use more than one mapfile in a project.
I create from a first project a mapfile for a second project with geostat. No problems with one user.

But now I have an issue, there are two or three users and if they generate their own analysis on the same project, each user crush the file of the previous user.
I don't know how to solve this issue. I was thinking to use session for the data but as longĀ  I can use only one mapfile, I'm limited to create on project per user and I don't want to duplicate project for this reason.
Someone have an idea about this? Mapoverlay can help?

Regards

ThomasG

Re: Multiple mapfile and one project

Oliver Christen
hi

when you create the mapfile, maybe add some kind of user identification to the layers names, and if the mapfile has already been generated, simply add the new users layers inside instead of creating a new file.
i dont know how you create the mapfile, but if the mapfile has aleady been created, you can effectively use Mapoverlay to insert new layers (and remove them)
there are several example in the mailing list about using Mapoverlay to insert or modify a layer.
you can also directly use mapscript to modify a mapfile content, as Mapoverlay dont allow every kind of manipulation

though it will be much more complicated if you have specific entries in the layertree for the user layers (I would advice you to avoid this case unless you are an advanced cartoweb developer)
I'm looking for a solution to use more than one mapfile in a project.
I create from a first project a mapfile for a second project with geostat. No problems with one user.

But now I have an issue, there are two or three users and if they generate their own analysis on the same project, each user crush the file of the previous user.
I don't know how to solve this issue. I was thinking to use session for the data but as long  I can use only one mapfile, I'm limited to create on project per user and I don't want to duplicate project for this reason.