Quantcast

Missing Plugin Altimetric plugin

Bruno Friedmann-2
Dear Cartoweb Team,

We are looking about the new plugin available on certain website.
sitn.ne.ch ...

Altimetric plugin (which is a port from the mapfish plugin)

We check the cvs, but no commit have been made recently on this subject.

Or this plugin is not "gpl released ?"

Thank for any informations you could provide

--

     Bruno Friedmann

Re: Missing Plugin Altimetric plugin

Oliver Christen
Hello

the cartoweb plugin is heavily dependant of a mapfish-server/pylons
counterpart which generate the altimetric graph. the cartoweb plugin simply
pass some parameters to the distant application and display the result,
thats all.
so unless you have the mapfish component installed as well, the cartoweb
plugin is pretty much useless, thats why it has not been added to cartoweb
sources.

regards
Oliver

> We are looking about the new plugin available on certain website.
> sitn.ne.ch ...
>
> Altimetric plugin (which is a port from the mapfish plugin)
>
> We check the cvs, but no commit have been made recently on this subject.
>
> Or this plugin is not "gpl released ?"
>
> Thank for any informations you could provide
>

> --
>
>     Bruno Friedmann

Re: Missing Plugin Altimetric plugin

Bruno Friedmann-2
Hi Oliver, so if I can resume, the json part coming to extJs windows is coming from the mapfish server.

The cw3 plugin acting just as glue between the axe param sending to mapfish, and proxified the json return ?

Thanks for you explanation.

Oliver Christen wrote:

> Hello
>
> the cartoweb plugin is heavily dependant of a mapfish-server/pylons
> counterpart which generate the altimetric graph. the cartoweb plugin
> simply pass some parameters to the distant application and display the
> result, thats all.
> so unless you have the mapfish component installed as well, the cartoweb
> plugin is pretty much useless, thats why it has not been added to
> cartoweb sources.
>
> regards
> Oliver
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruno Friedmann" <[hidden email]>

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com

Re: Missing Plugin Altimetric plugin

Oliver Christen
yes and no, it's not simply json that is returned to Cartoweb, the whole
flash object is generated by the mapfish component and Cartoweb simply
display it in a extJs iframe

originaly the profiling functionality was only inteded to by used in a
mapfish project, the Cartoweb plugin is just a workaround to be able to use
it from the existing SITN Cartoweb application

Oliver Christen wrote:
> yes and no, it's not simply json that is returned to Cartoweb, the whole
> flash object is generated by the mapfish component and Cartoweb simply
> display it in a extJs iframe

Ok I understand ...

> originaly the profiling functionality was only inteded to by used in a
> mapfish project, the Cartoweb plugin is just a workaround to be able to
> use it from the existing SITN Cartoweb application

Thank you for your explanations.
Have a nice day with lot of fun ...

--

     Bruno Friedmann