Installing FGS on 64-bit Unix (Centos 5.4)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Installing FGS on 64-bit Unix (Centos 5.4)

richard.cross
Hi,

I'm currently struggling to get FGS installed and running on Centos 5.4 64-bit.  The installer complains that it can't find files with "x86_64" and I understand why that is.  

I saw a posting somewhere that recommended running the installer on a 32-bit machine, tarring up the fgs directory and running on a 64-bit server, but that has simply led to seemingly endless problems with 'missing' libraries.  I started downloading the 32-bit versions for some, creating softlinks for others, but I feel this is the wrong path and may not lead to a stable system.

Have any of you managed this successfully, or should I really be abandoning FGS and compiling mapserver from source?


Richard Cross
_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing FGS on 64-bit Unix (Centos 5.4)

nsavard
Richard Cross wrote:
> I'm currently struggling to get FGS installed and running on Centos 5.4 64-bit.  The installer complains that it can't find files with "x86_64" and I understand why that is.  
>
> I saw a posting somewhere that recommended running the installer on a 32-bit machine, tarring up the fgs directory and running on a 64-bit server, but that has simply led to seemingly endless problems with 'missing' libraries.  I started downloading the 32-bit versions for some, creating softlinks for others, but I feel this is the wrong path and may not lead to a stable system.
>
>  

Richard,

Which version are you using?  Please specify where you downloaded it from.

Thanks.

Norm
_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing FGS on 64-bit Unix (Centos 5.4)

richard.cross
On 7 May 2010, at 16:41, Normand Savard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Richard Cross wrote:
>> I'm currently struggling to get FGS installed and running on Centos  
>> 5.4 64-bit.  The installer complains that it can't find files with  
>> "x86_64" and I understand why that is.
>> I saw a posting somewhere that recommended running the installer on  
>> a 32-bit machine, tarring up the fgs directory and running on a 64-
>> bit server, but that has simply led to seemingly endless problems  
>> with 'missing' libraries.  I started downloading the 32-bit  
>> versions for some, creating softlinks for others, but I feel this  
>> is the wrong path and may not lead to a stable system.
>>
>>
>
> Richard,
>
> Which version are you using?  Please specify where you downloaded it  
> from.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Norm

I've tried all three downloads from http://maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=downloads.html

I believe it's FGS version 9.5

I did manage to build MapServer from source this morning and, although  
that was no walk on the park, I managed to get the WMS demo up and  
running via Apache.

Richard
_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Installing FGS on 64-bit Unix (Centos 5.4)

nsavard
Richard Cross wrote:
> I've tried all three downloads from
> http://maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=downloads.html
>
> I believe it's FGS version 9.5
>
> I did manage to build MapServer from source this morning and, although
> that was no walk on the park, I managed to get the WMS demo up and
> running via Apache.
>
Richard,

You could also try to build your own fgs environment by following the
instructions found here:

http://maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=fgs-sandbox.html

Norm
_______________________________________________
Foss-gis-suite mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/foss-gis-suite
Loading...