Quantcast

How to install PEAR

Sergio Lopez
Hi all,

I´m using FGS 1.0 on a SUSE 11.1 box, and I need to instal PEAR in order to have some pmapper functions working (precisely export to excel or csv).
I can't find how to do that after searching mailing archives, and I didn´t find a pear module in FGS modules web page.
Can anyone please help me?
Thanks in advance

Sergio

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

Re: How to install PEAR

nsavard
Sergio López wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I´m using FGS 1.0 on a SUSE 11.1 box, and I need to instal PEAR in
> order to have some pmapper functions working (precisely export to
> excel or csv).
> I can't find how to do that after searching mailing archives, and I
> didn´t find a pear module in FGS modules web page.
> Can anyone please help me?
> Thanks in advance

Sergio,

FGS has a very special files structure that is different from PEAR's
one.  The PEAR command is part of FGS (in $FGS_HOME) but is not
correctly setup.  To add a PEAR package within FGS we create a new FGS
package and compile with phpize.  You have two choices:  ask us to make
the vm available for you to download and build these new packages (csv
and Excel) or ask us to build these packages for you.

Tell us what you decide.

Norm

Re: How to install PEAR

Sergio Lopez
Normand,

to compile the packages I need I think is beyond my capabilities, because I'm not a developer.
If you can compile FGS packages it would be of great help.

the PEAR packages needed to make pmapper export to excel and csv are:

MDB2
MDB2#pgsql
OLE
Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer
Thanks in advance

Sergio

Sergio López wrote:
> I´m using FGS 1.0 on a SUSE 11.1 box, and I need to instal PEAR in
> order to have some pmapper functions working (precisely export to
> excel or csv).
> I can't find how to do that after searching mailing archives, and I
> didn´t find a pear module in FGS modules web page.
> Can anyone please help me?
> Thanks in advance

Sergio,

I added the pear command to fgs.  You can download a self-installer or a
module from:

http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/dev/dev-20091216/

Norm

Re: How to install PEAR

nsavard
Sergio López wrote:

> to compile the packages I need I think is beyond my capabilities,
> because I'm not a developer.
> If you can compile FGS packages it would be of great help.
Sergio, Dante,

I implemented the pear command in fgs.  You can download the
self-installer or a specific module from the following Web page: