How do you save a Result Layer as a TIF file

How do you save a Result Layer as a TIF file

RogWBrown
I am a new user with OpenEV and FWTools.

I took two Landsat TIF files, one band images each, and divided one by the
other and it worked fine. Then I tried to save the resultant layer as a TIF
file and I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

I tried to save it as a Vector Layer file (whatever that is) but I get the
error message - Please select a vector layer using the layer dialog before
attempting to save.  Then I go into the Edit/Vector Layer Attributes and a
box comes up with three blank fields.  There is no explanation what is
required in these fields so I click close and am back to where I started.

Then I tried to export it. But after I fill out the boxes in the GDAL Export
Tool and click Export I get the error message - Unable to open RdivB as a
GDAL supported file!

How do I save the resultant layer of a calculation to a TIF file?

Any help would be appreciated.

I am sorry to ask such dumb questions but I couldn't find any help docs for
FW Tools.

Roger Brown
Phoenix