Quantcast

Foss4g 2007 presentation

Lorenzo Becchi
Hi all, time to define the workshop presentation for FOSS4G 2007.
Paul and I will present ka-Map in Victoria and the abstract has been
committed:
http://www.foss4g2007.org/workshops/W-10/

that's the presentation draft:
http://www.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/ka-map/presentations/foss4g2007/foss4g2007.html

PAUL
Actually Paul's part is mainly until slide 34 and my part is the rest
(until slide 52 for the moment).
As far as I see he has not that much to do to update the old
presentation except:
- if somebody thinks (and then contribute) some parts needs to be
re-factored.
- I'm not sure what Paul intended with "Mashup with ka-Map",  maybe
other available interfaces as WinMan, Aqua, ecc. ? if yes page 34 is
mine... :-|

I've put some comments inline in red color in slide: 3, 20, 34, 39

LORENZO
I have to revisit my part.
Adding Object, Tooltips and XML Overlay will be done step by step with
the class. Last year we had some problems maybe because the example was
too complex... am I wrong?
suggestions are welcome.

as far as they are pretty complex threads GRASS/PyWPS integration,
ka-Routing, WFS points will just be shown with their features but no
live customization will be done.

last: Paul, What is GML for in the Workshop Extras?

s5 code in CVS at
ka-map/presentations/foss4g2007/foss4g20007.html

ciao
Lorenzo

Re: Foss4g 2007 presentation

Paul Spencer-5
Hi Lorenzo,

thanks for taking the lead on getting this set up.  I've run through
the presentation and it looks pretty good.

For Mashups, this would be integrating other data into the
application using overlays, perhaps that could be combined with XML
Overlay?  Using XML Overlay to create Mashups?

Not sure about GML, perhaps we should drop it?

Cheers

Paul

PS I'll be around in #kamap, if you see me there, lets chat

On 23-Aug-07, at 10:12 AM, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:

> Hi all, time to define the workshop presentation for FOSS4G 2007.
> Paul and I will present ka-Map in Victoria and the abstract has
> been committed:
> http://www.foss4g2007.org/workshops/W-10/
>
> that's the presentation draft:
> http://www.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/ka-map/presentations/foss4g2007/
> foss4g2007.html
>

> PAUL
> Actually Paul's part is mainly until slide 34 and my part is the
> rest (until slide 52 for the moment).
> As far as I see he has not that much to do to update the old
> presentation except:
> - if somebody thinks (and then contribute) some parts needs to be
> re-factored.
> - I'm not sure what Paul intended with "Mashup with ka-Map",  maybe
> other available interfaces as WinMan, Aqua, ecc. ? if yes page 34
> is mine... :-|
>
> I've put some comments inline in red color in slide: 3, 20, 34, 39
>

> LORENZO
> I have to revisit my part.
> Adding Object, Tooltips and XML Overlay will be done step by step
> with the class. Last year we had some problems maybe because the
> example was too complex... am I wrong?
> suggestions are welcome.
>
> as far as they are pretty complex threads GRASS/PyWPS integration,
> ka-Routing, WFS points will just be shown with their features but
> no live customization will be done.
>
> last: Paul, What is GML for in the Workshop Extras?
>

> s5 code in CVS at
> ka-map/presentations/foss4g2007/foss4g20007.html
>

> ciao
> Lorenzo

|Paul Spencer                          [hidden email]    |
|Chief Technology Officer                                         |
|DM Solutions Group Inc                http://www.dmsolutions.ca/ |