FGS Installation

Dylan Rawlins
The postgis-lib module is there.....

agg-lib             gd-lib            libiconv-base   ming-lib                    php_gettext-module     php_wddx-module          python-base              unixODBC-base
apache-base         geos-lib          libpng-lib      mod_python-module           php_http-module        php_xmlrpc-module        python_mapscript-module  xerces_c-base
chameleon-base      gettext-base      libssh2-lib     openlayers-base             php_imagick-module     php_xsl-module           python_mx-module         zlib-lib
curl-lib            gmap-demo         libstdc++-lib   openssl-lib                 php_mysql-module       postgis-lib              python_pil-module
expat-base          imagemagick-base  libungif-base   pecl_uploadprogress-module  php_odbc-module        postgresql-lib           python_psycopg-module
freetype-lib        jpeg-lib          libxml2-base    php-base                    php_ogr-module         postgresql-server        studio-base
fusion-base         kamap-base        libxslt-lib     php_curl-module             php_pgsql-module       proj4_epsg42xxx-support  tiff-lib
gdal-base           libgcc-lib        mapserver-base  php_dbase-module            php_postscript-module  proj-lib                 tilecache-base
gdal_python-module  libgeotiff-lib    mapserver-php   php_ftp-module              php_ssh2-module        pslib-base               tinyows-server

According to some of the reading that I have done on the web the lwpostgis.sql file should have been installed and it should appear in the fgs/apps/pgsql/share/ directory

I have also tried to do a separate install of postgresql postgis etc but it fails on the "make check" of the GEOS installation. Is there any simple way to get PostGIS installed - I have literally been trying for 2 weeks

Hi,

Is PostGIS installed in your FGS?

Go to your FGS installation root directory
$ ls etc/fgs/pkgs/

What is the output of that?

If you don't see postgis-lib in that, install it doing:
$ . setenv.sh
$ fgs install postgis-lib

Does that work?

Note that installing another postgresql on your server may cause problem
because it will probably end up running on the same port as FGS's
PostgreSQL. You can change FGS port in
etc/fgs/pkgs/postgresql-server/pgsql.conf

Julien

On 10-07-20 11:22 AM, Dylan Rawlins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get this far ...
> Go to your FGS installation root directory and do ". setenv.sh"
> Do "FGS start"
> Execute : createdb yourdb
> Execute : createlang plpgsql yourdb
> Execute : psql -f ..\share\contrib\lwpostgis.sql yourdb
>
> and I get an error saying that it cannot locate the lwpostgis.sql file.
> I searched my entire hard drive and can't find the file. I also looked
> for any *.sql file that would relate to postgis and there is nothing. I
> force installed a lower version of postgis (1.3.5) and the lwpostgis
> file was there. But then it won't work with postgresql 8.4. So I force
> installed 8.3 and then nothing worked - couldn't even get a connection
> to the DB. So I have gone back to the original versions that I
> downloaded and am stuck wiht the same problem.
>
> Any ideas,
> Thanks
> Dylan

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: FGS Installation

Julien-Samuel Lacroix-2
I just check the postgis module on the download site and it seems the
FGS packages don't include the PostGIS SQL files. You can either install
PostGIS 1.3.5 which contains the right files or download the postgis
module from somewhere else [1] and extract those SQL files from it.

[1] http://postgis.refractions.net/download/

We'll try to repackage the PostGIS module to fix this issue.

Julien

On 10-07-20 01:34 PM, Dylan Rawlins wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>/  I get this far .../
>>/  Go to your FGS installation root directory and do". setenv.sh"/
>>/  Do"FGS start"/
>>/  Execute : createdb yourdb/
>>/  Execute : createlang plpgsql yourdb/
>>/  Execute : psql -f ..\share\contrib\lwpostgis.sql yourdb/
>>
>>/  and I get an error saying that it cannot locate the lwpostgis.sql file./
>>/  I searched my entire hard drive and can't find the file. I also looked/
>>/  for any *.sql file that would relate to postgis and there is nothing. I/
>>/  force installed a lower version of postgis (1.3.5) and the lwpostgis/
>>/  file was there. But then it won't work with postgresql 8.4. So I force/
>>/  installed 8.3 and then nothing worked - couldn't even get a connection/
>>/  to the DB. So I have gone back to the original versions that I/
>>/  downloaded and am stuck wiht the same problem./

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: FGS Installation

Julien-Samuel Lacroix-2
The new (and fixed) postgis 1.5 package is now available at:
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/releases/9.5/modules/

Julien

On 10-07-20 01:50 PM, Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> /  I get this far .../
>>> /  Go to your FGS installation root directory and do". setenv.sh"/
>>> /  Do"FGS start"/
>>> /  Execute : createdb yourdb/
>>> /  Execute : createlang plpgsql yourdb/
>>> /  Execute : psql -f ..\share\contrib\lwpostgis.sql yourdb/
>>>
>>> /  and I get an error saying that it cannot locate the lwpostgis.sql file./
>>> /  I searched my entire hard drive and can't find the file. I also looked/
>>> /  for any *.sql file that would relate to postgis and there is nothing. I/
>>> /  force installed a lower version of postgis (1.3.5) and the lwpostgis/
>>> /  file was there. But then it won't work with postgresql 8.4. So I force/
>>> /  installed 8.3 and then nothing worked - couldn't even get a connection/
>>> /  to the DB. So I have gone back to the original versions that I/
>>> /  downloaded and am stuck wiht the same problem./

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: FGS Installation