Error when compiling Shapelib contrib folder

Error when compiling Shapelib contrib folder

Reyes, Jr., Buenaventura L.

Hello,

I am using Red Hat Linux Ent. 5 and is compiling /home/shapelib-1.2.10/contrib folder. I am encoutering an error which I could not resolve. I am not familiar in using Linux and C, but below is the error that I received.

/home/shapelib-1.2.10/contrib$ make

cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  shpproj.c  ../shpopen.o ../dbfopen.o  ./shpgeo.o -lm -lproj -lm -lproj  -o shpproj

shpproj.c: In function ‘main’:

shpproj.c:121: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’

shpproj.c:139: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strlen’

shpproj.c:140: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’

shpproj.c:152: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strlen’

shpproj.c:156: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’

shpproj.c:168: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strlen’

shpproj.c:169: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’

shpproj.c:180: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strlen’

shpproj.c:184: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strcpy’

shpproj.c:227: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lproj

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [shpproj] Error 1

I am using FGS MapServer 5.4.0, any help would be appreciated or can you please direct me to a link where I can resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Buenaventura L. Reyes, Jr.

Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

Manila, Philippines

Re: Error when compiling Shapelib contrib folder

Hao Zhang-4
Hi Reyes,

From these two lines of output you pasted:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lproj

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It seems that 'proj' package is not installed in your Red Hat Linux. You need to install it first. Please correct me if anyone else finds this is not the root cause for the problem.

Best Regards,

/Hao

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:28 AM, Reyes, Jr., Buenaventura L. <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

nsavard
Hao Zhang wrote:

> From these two lines of output you pasted:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lproj
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> It seems that 'proj' package is not installed in your Red Hat Linux.
> You need to install it first. Please correct me if anyone else finds
> this is not the root cause for the problem.

Hao,

That makes sense.

Norm

Re: Error when compiling Shapelib contrib folder

Reyes, Jr., Buenaventura L.
Hao Zhang,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes I could not find the 'proj' file, but can you direct me to where I can download or get that 'proj' package. I am new to Linux and I am just doing it bit by bit.

Thanks,
Jun Reyes
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
Manila, Philippines

> It seems that 'proj' package is not installed in your Red Hat Linux.
> You need to install it first. Please correct me if anyone else finds
> this is not the root cause for the problem.

Hao,

That makes sense.

Norm

Re: Error when compiling Shapelib contrib folder

nsavard
Reyes,

Since you're in the fgs-dev environment, you have to build the 'proj'
package with fgs-dev.  To accomplish this you have to follow these steps:

-add 'proj' in $FGS_DEV_HOME/build.list ($FGS_DEV_HOME stands for the
fgs-dev root directory)
-set your fgsdev environment:  do '. setenv.sh' in $FGS_DEV_HOME/build.list
-execute:  fgs-dev build_pkg proj

Regards,

Norm

Reyes, Jr., Buenaventura L. wrote:

> Hao Zhang,
>
> Thanks for your fast reply.
>
> Yes I could not find the 'proj' file, but can you direct me to where I can download or get that 'proj' package. I am new to Linux and I am just doing it bit by bit.
>
> Thanks,
> Jun Reyes
> Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
> Manila, Philippines

Norm,

It seems I am getting more problems besides my problem 'proj'. I am following instructions from http://maptools.org/fgs/index.phtml?page=fgs-sandbox.html to get the FGS-DEV modules.

After issuing the command:
    $ cvs -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot login
    Logging in to :pser...
    CVS password: <Enter>
    Unknown host cvs.maptools.org   <- Error

I have executed:
    $ export CVSROOT=:pserver:[hidden email]:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot

But I still get the error. Sorry if I'm having more problems but please help me. I will try what you said for 'proj' once I obtain download FGS-DEV. I obtained FGS-DEV before with no problems so now I want to have a fresh download.

Thanks,
Jun Reyes
Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
Manila, Philippines

Since you're in the fgs-dev environment, you have to build the 'proj'
package with fgs-dev.  To accomplish this you have to follow these steps:

-add 'proj' in $FGS_DEV_HOME/build.list ($FGS_DEV_HOME stands for the
fgs-dev root directory)
-set your fgsdev environment:  do '. setenv.sh' in $FGS_DEV_HOME/build.list
-execute:  fgs-dev build_pkg proj

Regards,

Norm

Reyes, Jr., Buenaventura L. wrote:

> Hao Zhang,
>
> Thanks for your fast reply.
>
> Yes I could not find the 'proj' file, but can you direct me to where I can download or get that 'proj' package. I am new to Linux and I am just doing it bit by bit.
>
> Thanks,
> Jun Reyes
> Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
> Manila, Philippines

Your problem is not related to fgs, it is more a DNS problem (names
server) on your side.  You can use the nslookup problem to try to figure
out was is going on.