Quantcast

Dialog based application in UNICODE and VC++ (VS2010)

Dialog based application in UNICODE and VC++ (VS2010)

Juan Antonio Pastor
Hi.

I'm working in a dialog based vc++ application (VS2010). I set unicode option in the compiler settings. I added aes.h, shapefil.h and shpopen.cpp in the project.When the application is compiled we get errors like these:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DBFClose referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CClass::Function(void)"
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DBFOpen referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CClass::Function(void)"

In CClass.cpp I added:

#include "aes.h"
#include "shapefil.h"

I don't know how configure the project to use shapelib API.

Any information is apreciated.

Best regards, Toño.

Re: Dialog based application in UNICODE and VC++ (VS2010)

Kolberg Sjur A

The unresolved external error is a linker error, meaning that it is the .lib file that cannot be found. Your #includes are well recognised (since you didn’t get compilation errors) but those only look for .h files.

You need to ensure that Visual Studio can find Shapelib.lib, or whatever it’s called.

If you use the IDE, go to Project properties, Linker, Input, Additional dependencies, and add the necessary lib file name. Also, under Linker, General, Additional Library Directories, add the folder where the lib file resides.

Also, if Shapelib is a dynamic library, you need to ensure that Shapelib.dll (or similar) resides together with you executable.

Good luck,

Sjur K :-)