Quantcast

Converting GeoTIFF file from tiled to stripped

Converting GeoTIFF file from tiled to stripped

Pete & Karen Hendrick
I would like help in converting an existing GeoTIFF file from tiled to
stripped so that it can be read into the program MapC2MapC which only
supports stripped files when virtual storage is enabled. An example of
the command line to be used in Windows would be most helpful. In case it
matters I download my GeoTIFF files from:
http://www.csc.noaa.gov/dataviewer/#app=f8ce&6ba3-selectedIndex=0. Thanks
Pete

Re: Converting GeoTIFF file from tiled to stripped

Travis Kirstine
By default gdal creates stripped tifs so you can just run a gdal_translate

gdal_translate input_tiled.tif output_stripped.tif