Cannot open ".map" file from Maplab !!!

hpk

Cannot open ".map" file from Maplab !!!

hpk
I want to create web mapping by using maplab. Im a beginner so i just followed a user manual . The problems are
1. I am not sure where should i place ".map" in which directory
2. This may be affected from no.1 , I can't open ".map" file ("test.map")
3. I use ms4w version 2.x, maplab 2.2.1, do you think do they properly work together?
4. Do you have any good reference for using maplab?

It would be great if someone can help me to find out the solution, thanks in advance.

Harp