1.3.0Beta1 Release

Frank Warmerdam-2
Folks,

After a long wait, I am going to try again to produce a 1.3.0 release.
To that end, I have produced a 1.3.0 beta 1.  I'd appreciate folks trying
it out.

I've fixed a few bugs, but the most dramatic change is that I have
flushed out the complexity in the Makefile about building a libshp.so
shared library in favor of only producing static libraries.  The library
is so small it seems crazy to get all bent out of shape (pardon the
pun) over shared libraries.

I've also transitioned the rest of the error reporting to use SAHooks's
error function.

Files at:

  http://download.osgeo.org/shapelib/shapelib-1.3.0b3.tar.gz
  http://download.osgeo.org/shapelib/shapelib-1.3.0b3.zip

Best regards,

Re: 1.3.0Beta1 Release

clement chesnin
Hi Frank,

I'd like to known if you plan on releasing a stable 1.3.0 any time soon. I'd like to use the last version of the library and want to know if I can wait for a stable version.

Thanks for what you're doing,
Keep the good work on,

/Clement.

Frank Warmerdam-2 wrote
[...]

Clement,

Yikes, I dropped the ball again!  I will announce a formal release of
Shapelib 1.3
momentarily.